Frequently Asked Questions
How is the coverage?
OTR Mobile, Inc. uses a 4G LTE signal to establish the internet connection for our customers. Our plan provides unlimited data without overages, high speed data caps, or usage based throttling. And because the service is provided through a wireless 4G LTE network, you can use the service at home or on the go. This service is nationwide and can be used across the great USA!
What devices can I use?
We suggest using the devices that we sell at OTRmobile.com/shop because we have tested these devices and made sure they were the top performing options for our customers. What if I want to use a device OTR Mobile does not offer or I already have one? Use the live chat option on our site and one of our operators can assist you! In most cases, AT&T and GSM unlocked mobile hotspot devices will work. For an unlocked device to work you will need to set the APN settings for that device(s) to: “Name: Broadband | APN: Broadband“
14-Day Free Trial Information
New customers can enjoy a 14 day money back guarantee. Our 14 day trial period only applies to new customers with new accounts. After the 14 day trial period ALL 30 day services are paid for in advance and will not be refunded for any reason. Again, when a 30 day service period is purchased, that will not be refunded for any reason. The 30 day service period is referred to as 30 day renewal and 30 automatic renewal. If a 30 day automatic renewal is cancelled the current service will not be refunded.
Existing customers are excluded from this 14 day trial. If a new customer purchases a device and/or service that does not match their needs, it can be returned hassle free. The requirements to receive a full refund are as stated:
- All returns must be verified and approved before mailing them back. This can be done by contacting us through live chat (Fastest Option), by calling 844 OTR-WIFI (Effective option), or sending an email to [email protected] (Slowest option)
- Usage, the new account must have less than 3GB of data used. Data use will be verified by your account. The usage on your account will be the deciding factor on the return. An example of 3gb of usage would be low resolution movie at 2 ½ hours, please test your device and service wisely.
- We will pay up to $7 for return shipping; a tracking number must be added. Any returns mailed back to us without a tracking number will be treated as not returned. The refund for shipping cost will be added to the final refund. The cost of return shipping will not be paid upfront.
- Package must be postmarked 14 days or less from the day received. This will be verified by the tracking number we used to mail your device at time of purchase.
- The device must be returned in the same condition as it was mailed out in. When the device is received it will be inspected by one of our technicians within 2 business days.
Device must be purchased directly from OTR Mobile, Inc. any device purchased from a reseller must be handled at that location.
Return, Warranty & Exchange Information
OTR Mobile, Inc. prides itself on our products, services and customer experience. If you are not happy with one of those three, please do not hesitate to contact us. We have a Return, Exchange and Warranty process in place to help our customers choose the best products that fits their on the go lifestyles.
How does the service work?
OTR Mobile, Inc. uses a 4G LTE cellular based nationwide signal to establish the internet connection. We offer various devices for our customers to purchase directly from us. We can also activate a device that you may already own. We make it easy! To find out how we can get you activated today, scroll down to the bottom of this page and use the live chat option.
What kind of speeds can I expect?
Because the service is based on a wireless 4G LTE connection, speeds vary based on network coverage, tower proximity, and network traffic. While we cannot guarantee exact speeds we can tell you that our customers on average enjoy speeds of 15 to 35 mbps. Our plan does allow for speeds up to 100 mbps, however, speeds above 50 mbps are not an average at most locations.
Do I have to sign a contract or do a credit check?
No and No! Our plan does not require a contract and we will not run your credit to set up service! Our plan is based on 30 days of service and paid for in advance, each payment you make covers you for the next 30 days of service after your current 30 days ends.